Nutrition and sleep are very important for the baby's development and happiness. Breast milk for the first six months and then supplementary food with the recommendation of a physician is the key to infant nutrition. However, it is also important to pay attention to the sleep pattern and sleep ritual according to how old your baby is. Well, what about the baby's nursery center? What should be considered when choosing a nursery center? Here we seek answers to these questions…
Should the Nursery Center Bed Be Soft or Hard?
Many parents-to-be are confused about whether the mattress should be hard or soft when choosing a baby nursery center. It is generally thought that the tiny baby should sleep on a soft cotton bed. However, a baby's bed should not be too soft. Because a very soft surface will cause the baby to sink into the mattress. This does not support his spine and makes him feel uncomfortable, and it can cause him to be unable to breathe when he lies face down.
Selection of Fabrics in Baby Nursery Center
Bed linen, mattress, blanket, and other bedding fabrics must be made entirely of cotton material. Non-sweaty fabric and non-synthetic fabric texture are very important for the baby. Otherwise, they will sweat, and feel uncomfortable. In addition, the bed sheet should be placed on the floor where the baby is lying very flat, without any folds. The sheet should be tightly tucked under the mattress.
How Should Baby Linens Be Washed?
Baby bedding should not be washed with perfumed detergents and fabric softeners. Because the intense smell of perfume disturbs the working baby, who is not used to the outside world yet. Attention should be paid to the use of special detergents for babies at least for the first six months. Because ordinary detergents can trigger allergic reactions and cause the baby's nose to become blocked. In addition, adult and baby's laundry should be kept separate for a laundry basket and machine washing.
Which Is The Best Baby Nursery Center?
When you say baby nursery center, you should pay attention to the following.
- It should be the right size
- It must be in the right material
- Should be flexible but not too soft and elastic
- It shouldn't be too heavy
- It shouldn't be too hard, but it should offer a flat surface.
- No sharp corners
- The paint must be of high quality and natural dyes, not synthetic, must be used.
Location of Baby Nursery Center in the Room
Deciding where to put the baby nursery center is difficult. In this regard, you can pay attention to the following points:
- The windowsill would not be suitable for the nursery center. Because both the wind can leak from the sills and the baby can reach the glass. This location is not recommended as dangerous accidents can occur with the window open.
- It would not be appropriate to put the nursery center close to the door. Inputs and outputs, the noise in the house come directly to the baby. It can be directly affected by the airflow. It can also lead to dangerous situations such as hitting the door and climbing. By the way, you can prevent the baby from being affected by external sounds with the baby's sleeping earphones.
- It would not be appropriate next to the fabrics that he can wrap around his neck, such as curtains.
- There should be no frame paintings on the wall right next to it that could fall on your head.
- There shouldn't be anything like a shelf where he can hit his head.
- There should be carpet on the floor in case of falling out of bed.