The countdown has begun for your baby to be born! His safety, comfort and happiness are paramount to you; we know. You take care of this in every baby room furniture you choose, even in every product you buy for your baby. When this is the case, you may have question marks in your mind about choosing a baby crib, which is one of the most important furniture of the baby room. Then let us help you right away. Here, “How should a baby bassinet be?” answer to the question:
First of all, decide which bassinet model to buy.
Mother's Side Cradle
This model, which can be combined with the parent's bed, is an excellent alternative, especially for newborns, thanks to its one side being open (open-closed in some models). In this way, your baby can sleep safely next to you. On the other hand, the mother's side cradle with open sides that can be closed can allow long-term use.
Also known as the “independent crib”, these cribs are usually located in children's rooms. But of course, it is also possible to position the independent cribs in the master bedrooms separately from the parent beds. Choosing this type, which can be produced in different sizes, can determine the useful life of the product.
Although it is generally used as a “playground”, this type of bassinet can also be positioned as a baby bed. Although it is an advantage that they can be easily moved, it can be difficult for parents to sleep the baby close to the floor.
These swing-like bassinets are often used as a second cradle, not the main one. So if your priority is to buy a bassinet that your baby can use all the time, this option may not be suitable.
Consider Needs and Desires
Of course, the type of crib you choose will meet your needs. In our opinion, "Which is the best baby crib?" The answer to the question is the cradle is chosen in line with the needs. So, what needs and wants should you consider?
- Easy Portability: Do you want to position the cradle in a specific area, or do you want it to be easily moved so that it can be positioned in different areas? If you want an easily portable crib, you can choose lightweight, foldable and small-sized options with wheels.
- Easy to Clean: When your baby is born, you may be paying more attention to hygiene than ever before. Of course, at this point, the cleanliness of the crib is also important. Cribs made of materials such as wood, metal, or washable fabrics can help you in this regard.
- Ability to Adjust Size and Depth: It is a great advantage that the depth of the cradle can be adjusted to be able to lay and lift your baby easily. In addition, crib models with adjustable height can prevent you from having to change the crib when your baby grows up.
- Swingability: Some types of cribs do not have the feature of rocking, while others have this feature. If you want to shake your baby to calm down and sleep, it is useful to check whether this feature is available.
- Storage Space: If you think that the wardrobe you bought to put your baby's belongings may be insufficient, you can choose cribs with drawers.